Everyday Makeup.

29 April 2014



Whilst getting ready everyday, speed is my middle name. I mean, why would I want to compromise ten more minutes I'm bed for a couple more coats of mascara? I haven't quite got the five minute makeup look down yet, but I'm getting close, and I think I will be there pretty soon. 

To start of with, I do a little perfecting of my skin. I would already have moisturised by the time that I am doing my makeup so all I really need is a little concealer around my problem areas - cheeks forehead and under eyes for me. At the moment, I'm using the Maybelline FitMe concealer, which is really nice and creamy, bit one thing worth noting is that it does oxidise a little, so if you want to pick it up, you should probably go for a shade or so lighter than you usually would. I finish off with a little bronzer (usually not blush as my cheeks get so red anyway!), and a setting powder like the Bourjois Rice Powder to give my skin a healthy, natural looking glow. If my skin is feeling really bad, then I would have used a tinted moisturiser before hand, but I try to go as light as I can get away with on my skin. 

Next comes the eyebrows, which I just lightly comb through (with Benefit's Gimme Brow*) to set in place so that they don't go too crazy throughout the day and give a light tint of colour. For the eyes, I like to define the upper lash line by tight lining it with any black eyeliner that I have around, and then add some fluttery lashes - Yves Rocher Sexy Pulp* is perfect for this. All that is then left is the lips, to which I either add a gloss such as the Maybelline Color Sensational, a Chubby Stick like the Revlon ones - or if I'm feeling really fancy, both. 

I'd say this takes me about 5-10 mins, not bad for a girl like me who takes forever to get ready. What are your favourite products for an everyday look? 




TwitterBloglovinPinterestTumblr

47 comments:

  1. You're truely beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  2. pretty :)

    http://sbr-fashion-fashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Flawless! Lovely look and your eyebrows are perfect! :)

    Style Sunrise

    :) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have an addiction to the Revlon Matte Balms. I think I might need to enter some kind of therapy! Great post!

    Jaq @ www.lazydaysbeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Some lovely products there - i'm a huge fan of the Bourjois Java Rice powder and Revlon Matte Balms myself...

    Heather | porcelainbeautyx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It makes skin look amazing doesn't it! x

      Delete
  6. Looking so nice !
    Sara,
    http://thecrimeofashion.blogspot.fr

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your product choices, I also love to spend extra time in bed instead of priming and perfecting myself for school everyday!
    www.peachy-milk.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sleep is just so good, isn't it! x

      Delete
  8. What a lovely natural everyday look. Simplicity is best.

    IAmLinderella.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is going to sound like a Snog marry avoid saying, but you are such a natural beauty!! It's insane. Your skin is amazing, and those brows!!
    Thanks for sharing, if I'd end up looking as good as you I am sold!

    Emma x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, thanks! You already look better ;) xxx

      Delete
  10. Okay, wow, can we just skip back to the part where it only takes you 10 minutes to do your makeup.
    Are you a Goddess? Have you being sent from the heaven of beauty from above to teach us muggles how to save an hour and half in the morning?
    Hahaa, you look beautiful and I also must comment on how perfect your eyebrows are. They are perfect xoxo

    Other Infinities

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a simple fast yet gorgeous look! You look beautiful :) x
    |Life as a Petite|

    ReplyDelete
  12. cute!
    xx
    daniella
    simplybeautifulelegant.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. your eyebrow game is on point!

    Janine Maral from www.janinemaral.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Try the Gimme Brow, it is seriously amazing! x

      Delete
  14. What color is your Revlon matte balm?

    ReplyDelete
  15. You look SO pretty Maddy! I'm obsessed with the Revlon balms, they're amazing! X

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a gorgeous and natural look, love it! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love your brows and this make up look, so natural.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  18. You look absolutely gorgeous Maddy, your eyebrow game is so strong and your make up looks so lovely and natural , your eyelashes look gorgeous, you can't even tell you're wearing mascara! I love the Bourjois rice powder, even the packaging is enough to make you buy it!
    Imogen
    www.eloquenceandflair.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great post I'm totally with you on the 5 extra minutes in bed, I saw that they actually have a pretty varied shade range in the Maybelline Fit me concealer I picked it up today to try can't wait to see how I get on :) x

    http://rinicawrites.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Maddy, I love the Revlon Matte Balms. I have one in Audacious but it's a little too bright for an everyday look. Which one are you wearing in this photo? :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment, I read every single message.
I love people leaving links so I can check out your blogs, but please don't ask me to follow you or follow for follow!
If you leave a nice message, however, I will check out your blog and probably follow you x