Exam Skin.

24 April 2014


During exam season, I find that my skin always seems to take a turn for the worst, but this year, I've employed the help of skin products that I'm hoping will keep my fresh faced and glow-y throughout. A combination of late-nights and  cramming seem to have a big effect on me, and having a bad skin day on top of that just adds to the general stress of the situation so I've been trialling a couple of products so your skin will feel beautiful, and you can focus on the work!

This isn't by any means my whole routine, but that changes on a weekly basis anyway, so I thought I would just show you the foundation of what I am using to help keep my skin in tip-top condition over this stressful time. Firstly, a good pamper will help to calm and destress you. I like to use the deep clean purifying mask when my skin is feeling a little more congested and needs a deep cleanse, and the magical moisture mask to get rid of any dryness (which I find tends to particularly become a problem when I am more stressed than usual). Both only need 10 mins, so they are easy to slip into your day, even when you are busy, and I find that just the short little break, taking your mind off everything and relaxing completely can leave me feeling completely refreshed. 

On  an everyday basis, I like to use a night time moisturiser and eye cream to make sure that my skin isn't missing out on anything that it should really get - 8 hours sleep, I'm thinking of you. As I mentioned earlier, I really seem to suffer with dryness when I am stressed, making the skin look dull and all round unappealing. The moisturiser seems to help inject a little radiance back into it, and smooths it out, whilst the eye cream provides a wonderful cooling effect and reduces puffiness. 

My skin looks it's best for a long time after sticking to this mini-routine, and it feels like it is in a lot better condition too so I'm hoping that I will get through the exams without it changing! How do you help your skin during stressful periods? 




TwitterBloglovinPinterestTumblr

18 comments:

  1. I used to suffer with 'exam skin' especially in the last couple of years of school. I love elemis, and I'm glad its working for you :)

    Shannon Rebecca | Fashion, Beauty & Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It is so horrible, isn't it! x

      Delete
  2. Oh this is a new brand for me :) Sounds really good. Glad you like it x

    - Chaitra | PinkPot

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely try it! x

      Delete
  3. I've never tried anything from Elemis & I get quite dry skin when stressed too! Will have to check them out :)

    Sam xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sounds like they would work really well for you! x

      Delete
  4. Needed this post! In the middle of exam stress so will definitely try these xo

    Sheworewhat

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just wanted to say that I love your blog and keep up the great work! New follower over here. :)

    Felicity xx
    www.pursuitoffelicity.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the look of these, Elemis make such great skincare products. Good luck with your exams, I bet you'll do great!

    Steph xo | Influence Blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never heard of this brand! Good post!

    blousesandblush.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. My skin definitely suffers when I'm stressed, especially under my eyes! This Elemis range is so affordable. <3

    Tara xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely try the under eye cream then, it is so good at depuffing! x

      Delete
  9. I always have a problem with tired eyes. Thanks for sharing!!

    Kristen @ Your Beauty Fix

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stress, hard work and late nights that come with exams give me bad skin as well.These sound like great products.

    http://whatjessdoesnext.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment, I read every single message.
I love people leaving links so I can check out your blogs, but please don't ask me to follow you or follow for follow!
If you leave a nice message, however, I will check out your blog and probably follow you x